Monday, November 5, 2012

full of wonder

Friday little V had the day off school.  We decided to have a relaxed day at home.  Little V suggested we stay in our pajamas all day and there was absolutely no argument from me.  We spent the day doing a lot but also doing nothing.  We tackled a couple home organization projects, did lots of laundry, and made a big dinner.  In the midst of all the relaxing busy-ness (let's be honest, you can't truly have a do nothing day with two children under the age of 10!)  I observed something truly remarkable between my children, they really love each other.  Of course they love each other, they have to right, they are brother and sister, but baby R was so much more content today just because little V was home.  They really enjoy each other.  Baby R is enthralled with every little thing that little V does, he wants in on the action.  And little V wants to include him in everything, she wants to make him laugh, protect him, and teach him things.  Of course I love my children, but witnessing the love between the two of them is remarkable.  I know we will have many (many) days of disagreements in our future (such is life, right?!?) but I want to always remember how they look at each other with eyes full of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment